Playing the waiting game...

11:08 AM Amanda Greathouse 0 Comments


How far along?  40 weeks & 2 days
Total weight gain:   about 33 pounds 
Maternity clothes?   Definitely! I didn't buy as many as I probably should have but most of my pre-pregnancy stuff worked through to the end! 
Stretch marks?  So far nothing & hoping that doesn't change in the home stretch
Sleep? Getting lots but it's not straight through. Constantly having to pee still & just uncomfortable! 
Best moment this week:   Installing the car seat in the car finally! Everything is all done officially & ready for him to get here any day now! 
Miss Anything?   Plenty of things! Wine, energy, clothes fitting... 
Movement?  Yep, but its dying down as he continues to have less room
Food cravings:   I keep wanting ice cream! haha Not good for that weight gain number above! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope! 
Starting to show yet? Absolutely! 
Gender:   BOY!! 
Labor Signs:  Contractions here & there but I can't get them to stay consistent enough to start labor! 
Symptoms:   Heartburn & big belly making it harder to get around! 
Belly Button in or out?   In
Wedding rings on or off?   On
Happy or Moody most of the time:   Happy but growing more anxious each day that passes without him coming!  
Looking forward to:  Him being here already! I am getting impatient! 

Officially past my due date with no signs of labor being imminent! I feel the same as I've felt for days & can only hope that labor starts spontaneously out of nowhere instead of a steady growing up to it like some people experience! I'd love to wake up at like 2 AM with crazy contractions & just be in labor! ha

Not working at the moment until baby is old enough to head to child care. It helps me to be able to relax and focus on not stressing myself out! I need to remember that my body knows what it's doing & that I have no control over the time frame in which it happens! 

For those wondering, I have another appointment this Friday, the 15th, to get checked on and have a non-stress test - assuming he hasn't made his big arrival before then, which of course I'm hoping for! But we will schedule an induction for next week if he isn't here yet! 

We will keep everyone in the loop when anything starts to happen & I can promise we won't have the baby & just not tell anyone! :) 


0 comments :