Decking the Halls

4:49 PM Amanda Greathouse 0 Comments

While I've been in the Christmas spirit by listening to Christmas music for awhile now, I contained myself & didn't decorate until after Thanksgiving. I considered doing it earlier, but was too busy with school work & Thanksgiving prep to let myself take the time.
Plus, decorating on Friday following Thanksgiving has become a tradition so I decided to keep it that way!
We pulled up all the boxes upon boxes of decorations & spent the morning/early afternoon decking the halls!
Greyson was crazy obsessed with the standing Santa Claus when he came out of the box. He stood him in front of the tree, giggled endlessly at him & even gave him a few hugs and kisses.
The trio of plush snowmen were a pretty big hit too! And of course he decided they had to go on the tree! They were too heavy to stay, of course, & he couldn't handle it! We finally compromised & he let them sit on a shelf & hang ornaments instead!
This is the first year we've been able to hang lights outside on our house. I bought a few sets years ago, which happily still work! Greyson helped me untangle them & awed in their lit up glory, insisting I keep plugging & unplugging them.
And I found this adorable mini stocking advent banner at Target (of course) that I had to have! Such a fun tradition to do with kids & I am already excited for Greyson to find the goodies or fun that is planned for each day!
I will share some more pictures of the house all set up! For now, our four stockings hanging on the kitchen island (since we don't have a mantle...yet!) will have to suffice. Seriously crazy to think that there will be 4 of us next year & all of the stockings will be used!
 
 

0 comments :