Happy Mothers Day!

11:44 AM Amanda Greathouse 0 Comments

Happy mothers Day to all the mommies out there! 
Mothers are the strongest, smartest, most-caring, selfless, hard-working, loving beings! 
I have some of the best mommy role models in my life & I strive each day to be better than the day before. To listen more to what Greyson is saying. To ignore the dishes to play with plastic animals. To drag out bedtime an extra 10 minutes to read more books. To leave early to pick him up from daycare when I can, just to have more time to watch him play. 
I got to spend my day with the 2 guys who mean the most, both making me feel like I'm a rockstar mom! We got to get Starbucks and grab some stuff we needed from some stores, one which was the pet store & Greyson is crazy about the fishes & birds. 
My lovely husband surprised me with beautiful yellow roses! I teased him because yellow roses typically are for friendship, even though I know he got them since yellow is my favorite color! They're so bright & cheery in my kitchen for sure! 
We enjoyed a low-key dinner with some takeout Chinese food. And had a special Mother's Day treat by meeting up with some new friends, who have a son Greys age, for some frozen yogurt! Greyson liked having a tiny friend to wreck havoc with & of course sharing strawberry & cheesecake frozen yogurt with mom and dad! 

At one point in the day, I found myself sitting outside with some wine & quiet. I couldn't help but dwell on the thing missing this year - the babies I should have on the way. With 2 losses in the last 5 months, it's been rough to keep my chin up. It's a confusing, heart-breaking, frustrating, sad, anger-filled.. I'm trying desperately to hold onto hope that the future has blessings in our future. 
I took some extra time to hold onto Greyson and realize that I am still his mommy, even if I haven't been given the chance again yet. He still needs me & in so many ways, I need him too. So my heart is with all those out there who have experienced loss(es), whether they have a little one already or still waiting to be blessed with one. I know the pain & wish none of us had to experience that, but I have hope that the future holds great things for everyone! 

So going to start this week on a new foot! Happy Monday all! 

0 comments :