Christmas 2015

5:01 PM Amanda Greathouse 0 Comments

Now that we're into January, it only seems fitting to finally share our Christmas! 
We had a very good, low-key day at home. We live so far from family & weren't able to travel this year, so we spent the day just the 3 of us. 

Leading up to Christmas, I had an itch to make a bunch of cookies & some white chocolate covered pretzels so there was a ton of baking & treat devouring around here. Cookies were fun little treats to send/take to work to share with co-workers. Definitely helped get through the week as we were all ready for long weekends. 
I was so giddy with excitement for Christmas morning! I am such a gift giver that I couldn't wait for Greg & Greyson to see what they got. Christmas is purely magical with kids! And I know next year will just be even more fun! 
The bike was a huge hit! It obviously wasn't wrapped so of course it was the first thing Greyson saw when he came downstairs & immediately wanted to get on it! 
I went with a 16" based on sizing I saw & it's still too big for him, which bums me out. But he grows like a weed & his feet touch, they're just barely too short to get the pedal around when it's on the bottom so fingers crossed he's a wee bit taller to ride it by Spring! 
A stocking stuffed with playdoh & hot wheels went over very well with the car-obsessed 2 1/2 year old! It was so much fun watching him open his gifts. And he's in the fun stage where after we coerced him into opening a gift, he insisted on opening the package so he could play with it right.this.second! 
And of course can't forget about Greg & myself! We got so many different things from family, like a new comfy blanket for me & tools for Greg. We even got a Chromcast thing, which we honestly aren't sure how to use but we will figure it out! 
My main gift was a TV stand mantle that Greg built! It has some detailing left to finish it but that didn't stop me from setting it up, decorating & using it! 
And my favorite gift for Greg - tickets to the Cavs vs. Nuggets game! They played here in Denver & he's wanted to go to a Cavs game for awhile. Not my typical gift route, but new, fun experiences are always awesome! 

Already excited for next year & the possibilities! Hope everyone has had a great start to the new year!  


0 comments :