It's The Little Things// Walking the Dogs

2:15 PM Amanda Greathouse 4 Comments

I love this little weekly link-up! It's one of my favorites! So much of our lives aren't these huge, monumental moments. It's a bunch of little things that happen & just make our hearts grow so much! 

We love taking the dogs for walks.. now! Ha It hasn't always been a pleasant or easy experience to be honest. I played around with different variables like stroller vs. carrier, 1 dogs vs. 2, routes to take, etc. 

Now we have it down! So on beautiful days I strap Grey to my back in the Beco carrier & take both dogs out together on a nice walk.


We almost always walk the same route every time, which makes it easier since it's familiar for all of us. We have a path that runs almost right next to our house that has some hills to it & goes right through giant fields, giving us awesome views of our village & the one right next to it. 

At the end of the path, there is a little farm with some animals that are always outside. I make sure to walk that way since we all like to go see them. I make animal noises for Grey & I'm sure he thinks I'm nuts! But hoping one of these days he'll catch on & say them too! 







It's not long, but it's always a pretty good time we have. Fresh air & exercise do us all some good. It will be interesting to see how dog walks change for us as the dogs & Greyson continue to get older! 


Joining the link up:







4 comments :

  1. two dogs and a babe. my my you are a champion momma! I can do one kid one dog. Aria doesn't do carriers so I get one on each hand. it is exhausting haha. Love how nature-y and animal-y your walk is! We've got a street and houses...boring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I tried so many things! And as he gets bigger, it gets harder! But Grey wouldn't last doing one at a time & pushing him in the stroller while doing it was a nightmare!

      I will miss the scenery for sure! Good thing our next home will be near mountains too! Though I miss the beach for sure!

      Delete
  2. Love this! You're awesome for taking 2 dogs and a babe! Our 3 dogs would drag me all over our back roads if I put them on a leash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha thanks! I wish I could walk them without a leash to be honest! I have to use a gentle leader on each one or I'm sure they would rip my arms off! ;)

      Delete